The Graduate Program in Mathematics is located on the 4th floor. You
will need to check in with the security guards upon entering the
building. The Graduate Program may be contacted by phone at
212-817-8530 or by email
The CUNY Graduate Center is located at
345 5th Avenue
New York City
It is directly across the street from the Empire State Building at
34th and 5th avenue.
The Graduate Center is less than 15 minutes walk from several transit options.
- Penn Station
- Penn Station is located at 33rd and 7th avenue. Find 34th and walk East to 5th Avenue.
- Grand Central Station
- Grand Central Station is located at 42nd and Lexington. Walk West to 5th Avenue, then south on 5th avenue to 34th.
- New York City Subway System
- To reach the CUNY Graduate Center
by subway, take the B, D, F, Q, N or R to 34th
Street/Herald Square and walk East on 34th to 5th avenue. Or take
the #6 to 33rd Street and walk West to 5th.
A subway map is here.
- PATH subway system
- Exit the PATH train at 33rd and 6th Avenue. Walk North to 34th and East to 5th avenue
- From Northern Manhattan/Upper East Side, M4. From Upper West Side/Harlem, M10 south. From Downtown/West Side, M10-north. From other Manhattan locations, any north-south bus to 34th Street and transfer to M34 or M16. Disembark at Seventh Avenue. From Northwest Queens, take Q32.
For those interested in driving, the following nearby parking lot is available (and expensive). Gotham Garage 9-19 West 35th Street bet. 5th & 6th Ave. (212) 268-8572.
The website http://www.esbnyc.com/tourism/tourism_visitorinfo.cfm has many more parking garages listed, and more information on transportation to the Empire State Building.